Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why I Think You Should Donate to the ASAE Foundation

[Full disclosure: I serve on the ASAE Foundation Development Committee.]

As an active volunteer for the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), I try to impress upon anyone I know in associations the benefits for belonging to ASAE. My own membership and participation has influenced and shaped my career path and I can't imagine where I'd be without it.

Currently, I chair the ASAE Component Relations Section Council and as we march toward our goals this year with our projects I know that if our Council develops something to benefit ASAE members, ASAE will try to find a way to fund it - even if it isn't specifically in their budget for the year. How do they do this? Well, they try to do what any of us would try to do...they try to make it work based on their budgetary realities.

Introducing the ASAE Foundation's Annual Fund... 

What exactly will the ASAE Foundation's Annual Fund do? ASAE Foundation’s Annual Fund will:
  • Build upon our current body of knowledge in association management by creating the resources needed to survive in today’s economy and thrive in the future
  • Cultivate and retain the next generation of leaders for the 21st century workplace, while fostering a community that is diverse and inclusive
  • Build sustainable organizations that exchange ideas and best practices for a global world 
We (the other Foundation Committee members and I) are asking you to make an annual investment on behalf of your organization to ensure that your association, and associations like yours, remains competitive in the future. Your contribution is also a tax deductible as a charitable contribution. If you are writing a check, please make it payable to The ASAE Foundation, which is a 501 (c3) organization.

If you are making a donation on behalf of your organization, please consider a personal gift to match your organization’s gift. Personal pledges typically range from $100, $250 and $500 (but even gifts of $20 can make a difference!).

Every gift can help make a difference – no matter what size it is.
Please go to http://www.asaecenter.org/ today and let us know your commitment to our foundation.

If you want to make me look good to the Committee, fill out the form below and fax it in (it shows that I influenced your decision to donate)...cheeky!

ASAE Foundation Annual Fund

Whether you donate or volunteer or BOTH, thank you for all you do for ASAE - and for your support of the ASAE Foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!