This week, I'll be moderating a panel of experts on the subject of event apps for the Potomac Chapter of Meeting Professionals International (PMPI). To go along with that theme, event apps will be the focus of this week's Association Chat...and there's a lot to talk about!
Julius Solaris, author of the eBook, The Event App Bible, shares some staggering statistics from his research that indicate a wide, but narrowing, gap between what meeting planners want from an event app and what the mobile app developers are providing.
Did you know?: '59 percent of event professionals do not currently have a mobile event app, although 53 percent of those "are looking to get one" in the near future.'
This week's Association Chat will center around identifying the questions that most association executives have about event apps, working with event app vendors, and knowing how to measure success.
Here are some of the questions I plan on asking during the chat:
- What are your biggest concerns about adopting an event app?
- What are the must-have features that you need in an event app?
- What are some questions that every event planner must ask before settling on an event app as a solution?
- Who in your organization must be a part of the decision-making team when it comes to selecting an event app?
- How do you measure whether or not an event app is successful?
- How do you make certain your event app will meet with success?
- What kind of measurements/tracking do you want to get from your event app?
- How do maintain a healthy relationship with your event app vendor?
- How often should you evaluate your event app?
How to participate in Association Chat:
If you'd like to check out Association Chat, just remember to jump onto Twitter on Tuesdays at 2 pm EST using the hashtag #assnchat.
If you'd like an easy and relaxing experience with the chat, I like to use Nurph for easily following along. The Nurph link to use for Association Chat is http://nurph.com/assnchat.
Next Week's Chat Topic: The Association and Globalization