How I spent my summer at ASAE Camp:
1. I learned game changing tips from the sessions I attended that will change the way I present information and saw some dynamic presentations done in inspiring new and creative formats. I saw lessons presented as a fashion show, heard about brain science that increases learning for attendees, and listened to challenging discussions pushing the envelope on the way we look at association management.
2. I spent more time networking on the Expo Hall than I have in previous years and as a result I discussed potential new projects with people and forged new friendships. This used to be one of my least favorite parts of attending a conference and now I see it for the opportunities it presents. We are always learning!
3. In the bookstore I picked up the book I contributed a chapter to, The Component Relations Handbook, and a little later that day discussed co-hosting a new podcast in the near future with a good friend of mine.
4. I co-hosted the daily "Live From ASAE" show with Jay Daughtry and John Chen, courtesy of TMA Resources and had a complete blast. We're discussing doing a recap of the conference, so be on the watch for that.
5. I attended a dinner, hosted by a dear friend, that included a diverse and good-to-know crowd. I have several lunch dates lined up as follow-up to that dinner.
6. I co-presented with Sandra Giarde and Renato Songueco on being a "Mobile Warrior" and we knocked it out of the park!
|Sandra Giarde and me at Dallas Cowboys Stadium on Opening Night|
Thank you to ASAE for another great conference and many thanks to all of my friends and supporters who made the experience special!