Maybe you have already met Cynthia D’Amour, or know of her through her blog or books...she’s the person who tagged me for a fun round of the “five things you don’t know about me” game.
I feel so special! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, …here we go.
1. I have been on Good Morning America and 60 Minutes
- Was on GMA last week for a story on families and the holidays
- Was on 60 Minutes about 10 years ago as a Slam Poet performing in Chicago
- Also was on a brief VH1 show called “Motor Mouth” when I secretly set my friend up to sing in a car
2. My first name is not a nickname and the 2nd “K” is really supposed to be capitalized
- It is no joke – that’s how it is on my birth certificate
- My middle name rhymes with my sister’s middle name
- The number of times someone has asked about Elton John and Kiki Dee’s “Don’t Go Breakin’ My Heart” song is ridiculous.
3. I am from a small town and used to dance for cattle because I had zero neighbor kids to play with.
- My favorite albums were Xanadu and a Jackson 5 compilation.
- I used to think Michael Jackson’s tour bus would break down and he would be forced to walk through the woods behind my house so he’d accidentally come across me dancing and would be amazed by my talent.
- I didn’t always stop dancing when cars drove by the house next to the fields.
4. Books were the only items my dad would allow me without limitation when I was a kid.
- I had the largest collection of books of anyone I knew.
- I have a large range of tastes.
- I rarely went outside (except to dance for some cows).
5. My high school art teacher taught me how to play basic chords on guitar.
- He also gave me a guitar he had restored.
- I also play piano - took lessons for years...
- I wish I played both better than I do.
Here are my five:
Kylee Coffman – My sister in crime and a Mortified champ.
Sarah Grace McCandless – Author, blogger, and Cupcake Master.
Clay Dunn – Expert on all things food and literature-related. Clay and Zach are bloggers for The Bitten Word.
Zach Patton – Top Chef and guru on DC happenings. http://www.thebittenword.com
Jolene Siana – Author and NYC tour guide extraordinaire!
Don’t let me down!