In my mind, the end of a conference is like that...it's the end of adult camp and we all go back to our businesses and lives as different people. Maybe a little different - maybe a lot different. And then there's the crash.
At least for me it's that way. Maybe it's a little extreme to say it, but I'd even call it a sort of Post Conference Depression.
Post Conference Depression Symptoms:
- Obsession with reliving your session's glories and failures
- Irritability, restlessness...a need to keep checking the conference hashtag for updatesFatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, envy, or a sense of lost opportunity
- Feelings of overwhelm as you read through notes and business cards collected
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- A sense of loneliness
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and finding taxi receipts
Anyone else go through this? I'm already missing my friends from ASAE Tech 2011 and looking forward to next week's Association Forum Holiday Showcase in Chicago. I wonder if I'll get my conference badge this year ? (Or whatever it is you do in summer camp...)