Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm Just So In Love With All of You Right Now [a.k.a. A Case of TMI]

I share. Probably too much, but I like to share everything online from the drawing my daughter creates to a link to my latest webinar. People who follow me on Twitter, Facebook, G+, Pinterest, or any of the other online places I tend to hang out in probably know me better than I do.

That said, like many of us these days, my private and work life mingles closely online and for me they are practically indistinguishable from one another. Which is why I choose to steer clear of anything that might be considered too incendiary. Just like I wouldn't want to make someone uncomfortable visiting my home, I do not want to make people uncomfortable visiting my profile on Facebook or LinkedIn (or anywhere else for that matter) online.

Why am I talking about this? Because I came across some photos on a professional connection's Facebook profile that made Angelina Jolie's passionate kiss with her brother (see photo) look downright innocent.

To be clear, I have plenty of photos raising a glass or dancing like a maniac out there and I have rarely been put in a position to play hall monitor for my online connections, but after this evening's discovery I wanted to post a kind reminder to all of my friends: digital is forever.

And also, check out Facebook's privacy settings. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!