But associations still have a place in the world - one that recognizes a new kind of member and a new set of expectations - a home for fierce membership.
What is "fierce membership" and how is it different than what associations have witnessed before?
A "fierce member"...:
1. knows their benefits and probably wants all of them plus more
2. wants to be involved in volunteer efforts and will leave if not given the chance to change the organization (after all, they are already educated and active in the other free ways to engage, as well)
3. desperately wants to change the organization for the better from the inside-out
4. isn't satisfied with annual meetings - is looking for more engagement
5. can be your best advocate or worst enemy - depending on how you treat them