Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Twitterverse, I Love You

I'm all about the love lately...I love gadgets, I love lurkers, and j'adore Twitter!

Why all the effusive sentiment? This morning I was meeting with a group at work discussing Twitter and I posted a number of questions to the "Twitterverse" to answer. People responded with some great tips for tools and advice on using Twitter, so I wanted to share that feedback with all of you.

It's all about the love...
  • kirbstr @kikilitalien I like @SocialWhale best right now, it has a web-like interface and has great extra features #delcor
  • maggielmcg RT @kikilitalien Dear Twitterverse: Please share your favorite Twitter tool! #delcor
  • maggielmcg @kikilitalien Also, Twitter widget in Netvibes--has retweet feature that works the right way! #delcor
  • desabol @kikilitalien My faves are SocialScope on the Blackberry. Socialite and Tweetdeck on the Mac and bit.y for shortening.
  • EmilieBarta @kikilitalien My favorite Twitter tip = interact!! Don't just push out information; Twitter is a two way street.
  • ericjgruber  @kikilitalien twitterfeed.com, friendorfollow.com and Mention Notifier (http://bit.ly/notifier) #delcor
  • RvanHilst @kikilitalien I love Twhirl for operating both work and personal accounts at the same time. #delcor



KiKi L'Italien What is your favorite Twitter tip? I'll share it at my work meeting on Twitter this morning #delcor

Jeff De-Cagna
Jeff De-Cagna
Use Selective Twitter status app on FB so you can choose which tweets update your FB status. Is this the kind of tip you're seeking?
4 hours ago · Delete
KiKi L'Italien
KiKi L'Italien
Actually, a very good one. Point taken! :)
4 hours ago · Delete
Deirdre Reid
Deirdre Reid
If you're in a helpful mood and short of time, do a filter in Tweedeck by "?" and see whose questions you can answer. Good for associations!
4 hours ago · Delete

Thanks to everyone who responded! It really added to my meeting and alerted me to some good tools I wasn't aware of. Feel free to spread the love by adding more tools or tips below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!