Monday, October 18, 2010

BlogWorld's Best Booth - A Taste of DIY Creativity

Attending BlogWorld & New Media Expo 2010 was supposed to give me inspiration. I went to BlogWorld to "fill the well" while learning new things I might apply to my job and passion.

There will be many more posts to come once I have a chance to rehash everything in my mind, but I wanted to make sure to address the Expo Hall experience early on so I could give a company with a great outlook some attention.

One of the best booths I saw in the Expo Hall, if not the best, was not the most expensive or the one with the best giveaway ('sup McCallan! Thanks for the free whisky!).

Status.net had a DIY attitude reflecting the org's idea of "Sharism" at their booth and they should have had their own session during the show to discuss this idea and application of it. In the nonprofit/association world I live and work in, the need to share and find creative ways to market is not only interesting, but imperative for survival. This outfit gets it.

Here's a clip of me talking to (Jon Phillips @rejon) about the idea of "the more you give, the more you get." (if the vid doesn't load, try this: http://bit.ly/dulCf7)


Status.net had a small booth featuring bags and promotional t-shirts from other companies featuring the Status.net logo (a super cool design, by the way) which they screen-printed at the booth in an excellent display of practicing what they preach. There is plenty of stuff out there you can use to re-purpose as your organization's own marketing...why spend thousands of dollars when you don't have to? I like the Status.net team. You should, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!