This is a short little game for all the DC Metro folks stuck in the 2010 blizzard that is easy to play. You can incorporate alcohol if you don't have to work today, but if you are still online and working (like I am) just take a swig of coffee instead. Ready?
Just take a drink or give yourself a point if you have thought of the following during the past week of snow:
- Global warming
- Those commercials with the snowman that walks into a house and melts to become a little kid again (is that for soup?)
- Dr. Zhivago (movie & book)
- Napolean in Russia
- Hitler in Russia
- Anything in Russia
- Cavemen huddled in animal skins
- Hot chocolate
- Buying more canned goods
- How awesome webcams and the internet are
- The end of humanity
- The Donner Party
- The Ice Storm (movie)
- The condition of our nation's homeless
- The condition of the structure you are sitting in right now
- The location of your first aid kit
- Snow blindness
- The situation in Haiti (now that the news is focused on something else, what's happening over there?)
- Moisturizer and/or chapstick
Bonus points (drinks) for the following:
- You are accutely aware of exactly how many rolls of toilet paper you have in the house.
- You are accutely aware of the charging status of all of your electronic devices.
- You are accutely aware of exactly how much coffee you have in the house (including the "emergency instant" in the back of the cabinet).
How did you do? Maxed out on points? Drunk?
Feel free to add rules and/or items to add to the list. We aren't going anywhere for a while! ;-)